Product of Canada.
Shipped from Canada.
|Prescription Required.||Product of Canada.||Shipped from Canada.|
What is Xultophy 100/3.6?
Xultophy 100/3.6 is a brand-name prescription basal insulin (Insulin degludec) and a GLP-1 receptor agonist (liraglutide).
It comes in a liquid solution prefilled pen which holds 3 ml of solution that contains:
- 100 units of Insulin degludec. This is a long-acting insulin that is similar to the insulin naturally produced by the pancreas in our body.
- 3.6 mg of liraglutide, also known as a glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists which works to lower blood glucose levels.
Xultrophy is approved to lower blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes who aren’t able to manage their blood sugar levels using other diabetes drugs. Diet and exercise should are typically recommended in combination as part of insulin treatment.
Testing hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) if often used to measure a persons response to their insulin treatment. This measurement provides information on the average blood glucose levels over a period of 3 months.
According to the American Diabetes Association, the recommended HbA1c goal should be less than 7% for most adults.
- 1.67% to 1.94% with Xultophy 100/3.6, compared to 1.05% to 1.16% with long-acting insulins
- 1.31% with Xultophy 100/3.6, compared to 0.36% with liraglutide
- 1.81% with Xultophy 100/3.6, compared to 1.35% with insulin degludec and 1.21% with liraglutide
- 1.42% with Xultophy 100/3.6, compared to 0.62% with placebo
- 1.97% with Xultophy 100/3.6, compared to 1.59% with insulin glargine
USAGE & STORAGE
How is Xultophy 100/3.6 used?
Xultophy 100/3.6 is administered by subcutaneous (under the skin) injection once per day. It is injected in areas such as the uppe